Healthy Vegan Salad With Red Bean Recipe:
Red beans are a valuable source of vitamins A, C, E, K, PP, B vitamins, and minerals (potassium, selenium, calcium, iron).
They also contain high-quality fiber.
Two teaspoons of red beans provide four times more fiber than a slice of whole-wheat bread.
It is recommended that adults consume 25 to 38 grams of fiber a day, nevertheless, most adults in the United States do not reach this amount.
It has been determined that red bean consumers have a much lower risk of developing colon or breast cancer or suffering from heart disease.
Red beans contain essential amino acids, that are the chemicals that combine to form protein in the human body.
Protein is an important building block of bones, cartilage, skin, muscles, and blood. Furthermore, the body uses protein to make hormones, enzymes, and other body chemicals.
In addition to all the benefits mentioned above, regular consumption of red beans strengthens teeth and bones, is effective in weight loss, reduces the risks of heart attack, and energizes your entire body!
Are you craving a light and refreshing red bean salad?
Ingredients (2 portions) for Healthy Vegan Salad With Red Bean Recipe
- 150g red beans
- celery (optional)
- kohlrabi (optional)
- 3 bay leaves (optional)
- 4 medium-sized carrots
- 1 medium-sized white onion
- 2 medium-sized white onions
- 1 avocado
- 4 small radishes
- 50g cauliflower
- 1/2 red pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt.
- Soak the beans in cold water overnight or 10-12 hours before cooking.
- The next day, drain and rinse the beans thoroughly in order to prepare them for boiling in warm water.
- Move the beans into a pot, covering them with an inch of water.
- Once the beans start to boil, change the water, adding the second one, this time using very hot water.
- Add the vegetables and aromatics.
- From now on, let it simmer. Cover the pot with a lid for softer beans, or leave the lid off if you prefer firm beans.
- After about an hour, start checking the beans. Add more water if necessary, so that the beans are kept submerged, and stir from time to time.
- When the beans are almost done, add the salt.
- Finally, drain the beans.
- Wash all the vegetables and start chopping them.
- Add the olive oil and salt.
When you finish the salad, add the beans and boiled carrots.