Today I offer you a delicious recipe, very easy to make and perfect for a nutritional lunch during the winter season. The potato is one of the first vegetables grown on Earth and it holds healing secrets that are hidden from many of us.
Most people today eat potatoes in the most harmful possible ways: as chips, fried in an oil bath, potato flakes, etc.
This type of modernist consumption is the source of most cases of obesity, heart disease, and cancer. Unlike these harmful methods, preparing unpeeled baked potato brings many benefits, maintaining most of this vegetable’s nutrients active.
The potato’s properties include many beneficial effects: it increases immunity, fights infections, improves respiratory and urinary functions, due to its content of dietary fibers it’s a natural stimulant of digestion, it accelerates the metabolism, helps lower cholesterol levels, and adjusts blood sugar levels.
Why do specialists recommend us to cook the potatoes unpeeled?
Because the skin has antibacterial effects and contains vitamins and enzymes important for preventing strokes, decreased eyesight capacity, cataracts, and degenerative processes of the nervous and vascular system.
It’s a well-known fact that resveratrol (found in red cabbage and red onion) is one of the most powerful antioxidants, 4-5 times stronger than beta-carotene, 20 times more powerful than vitamin C, and 50 times more powerful than vitamin E. Impressive, right?
In addition, resveratrol has been shown to have several benefits for type 2 diabetes sufferers.
Ingredients (for two portions) for Oven Unpeeled Baked Potato With Vegan Salad Recipe
- 8 small to medium white potatoes
- 100g red cabbage
- 75g broccoli
- garlic (preferably with reddish bark)
- red pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion
- non-iodized sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly with water and a sponge, then wipe them with a towel.
- Put them on a tray and introduce it to the preheated oven at the right temperature (check them from time to time and turn them if necessary).
- When the potatoes are browned, remove them from the oven, let them get cool, then peel them.
- Cut the vegetables, add salt and oil, and then mix them in a bowl.
- Place the vegetable salad and the potatoes on a plate and finally add the crushed garlic on top of the potatoes.
Images credit – Shutterstock
READ THIS NEXT: Taro Poi Recipe