It is a multivitamin product which is manufactured by Controlled Labs, a US company that has some of the most effective enhancing supplements available for the dedicated bodybuilders and athletes.
This multivitamin is designed to help provide the human body with numerous micro-nutrients which are essential for optimal health. It combines the most proven and effective minerals, vitamins, and nutrients for supporting optimal joint health, immune system, and digestion, into one “twice daily” dietary supplement.
Moreover, each blend has been carefully fine-tuned to provide the most complete support for people who need reliable recovery as they train hard consistently.
Serving size 6 tablets contains:
- potassium (as potassium chloride) – 50 mg 1%DV;
- vitamin A (as alpha and beta-carotene) – 5000 IU 100%DV;
- molybdenum (as molybdenum chelate) – 50 mcg 70%DV;
- vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) – 600 mg 1000%DV;
- chromium (as chromium chelate) – 25 mcg 21%DV;
- vitamin D (as cholecalciferol) – 2000 IU 125%DV;
- manganese (as manganese chelate) – 3 mg 150%DV;
- vitamin E (as tocotrienols) – 20 IU 67%DV;
- copper (as copper chelate) – 500 mcg 25%DV;
- vitamin K (as Phytonadione) – 120 mcg 150%DV;
- selenium (as selenium chelate) – 100 mcg 100%DV;
- thiamin – 30 mg 2000%DV;
- zinc (as zinc citrate) – 30 mg 200%DV;
- riboflavin – 30 mg 1765%DV;
- magnesium (as magnesium chelate) – 100 mg 25%DV;
- niacin (as inositol hexanicotinate) – 100 mg 500%DV;
- iodine (as potassium iodine) – 255 mcg 170%DV;
- vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine) -30 mg 1500%DV;
- phosphorus (as dicalcium phosphate) – 60 mg 5%DV;
- folic acid – 400 mcg 100%DV;
- calcium (as calcium citrate) – 150 mg 15%DV;
- vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) – 600 mcg 10000%DV;
- pantothenic acid (as Calcium-D-Pantothenate) -100 mg 1000%DV;
- biotin – 300 mcg 100%DV.
Some of its ingredients include:
Great knotweed (scientifically known as Fallopia japonica) is native to East Asia, mainly Korea, Japan, and China. It is used to prevent certain illnesses, skin disorders, and lung diseases.
R-Alpha Lipoic Acid
It is a unique, vitamin-like antioxidant which can protect against oxidative processes which promote degenerative diseases and premature aging as well as it can repair a damaged liver, combat radiation sickness, and treat diabetes-related conditions.
It has anti-aging benefits by promoting the creation of less free radicals and making the mitochondria more efficient.
Quercetin has been shown to reduce lung cancer and heart disease, along with having potent antioxidant properties. It is naturally found in cappers, tea, apples, and red wines.
It has been used to treat arthritis, stomach problems, and heart conditions.
It is used as a traditional remedy for eye problems, diarrhea, poor circulation, varicose veins, and cancer prevention.
Lycopene is a cancer-preventative phytonutrient which is usually found in tomatoes.
It is an essential eye nutrient which reduces your risk for macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Polyethylene Glycol – it is commonly used as an ingredient in a variety of effervescent electrolyte products;
- Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose – it is a chemically modified cellulose polymer which is considered safe for human consumption;
- Silicon Dioxide – it is used to prevent the various powdered ingredients from sticking together;
- Microcrystalline Cellulose – it is a connective agent that is added to over-the-counter medications, prescription drugs, and dietary supplements;
- Croscarmellose Sodium – it is a typically used matrix to deliver drugs to the intestines;
- Magnesium Stearate – it is a simple salt made up of a mineral magnesium and a saturated fat called stearic acid;
- Stearic Acid – in combination with magnesium, it forms the stearate.
Directions for Regular Use
Take 3 tablets two times per day with your meals. It is also recommended to consume at least 1 gallon of water a day.
It is a product that claims to help increase energy and build muscle while providing all the nutrients you require. It was introduced to the fitness market in August 1983. Animal Pak is manufactured by an American company specializing in sports nutrition, called Universal Nutrition.
Since 1984, more competitive bodybuilders have cut their teeth on the Animal Pak than any other bodybuilding supplement in history.
Serving Size 2 Scoops (17.63 g) contains:
- Potassium (as Sulfate) – 250 mg 7%DV;
- Calories – 24;
- Chromium (as Chloride) – 60 mcg 50%DV;
- Total Carbohydrates – 3 g 2%DV;
- Manganese (as Sulfate) – 5 mg 250%DV;
- Dietary Fiber – 0.3 g 1%DV;
- Copper (as Sulfate) – 600 mcg 30%DV;
- Protein – 3 g 6%DV;
- Selenium (as Sodium Selenite) – 50 mcg 71%DV;
- Vitamin A (as Carotenoids [B-Carotene], Acetate) – 9900 IU 198%DV;
- Zinc (as Oxide) – 30 mg 200%DV;
- Vitamin C (as Ascorbyl Palmitate) – 1g 1667%DV;
- Magnesium (as Oxide) – 400 mg 100%DV;
- Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol) – 680 IU 170%DV;
- Iodine – 150 mcg 100%DV;
- Vitamin E (as Tocotrienols) – 300 IU 1000%DV;
- Phosphorus – 30 mg 133%DV;
- Thiamin (as Mononitrate) – 76 mg 5067%DV;
- Calcium – 170 mg 3%DV;
- Riboflavin – 76 mg 4471%DV;
- Pantothenic Acid – 76 mg 760%DV;
- Niacin (as Niacinamide) – 82 mg 410%DV;
- Biotin – 300 mcg 100%DV;
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl) – 180 mg 9000%DV;
- Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin, Cyanocobalamin) – 50 mcg 833%DV;
- Folic Acid – 400 mcg 100DV%.
Some of its ingredients are:
- Pharmaceutical Glaze;
- Dicalcium Phosphate;
- Calcium Citrate;
- Whey Protein Concentrate (milk);
- Carnitine Fumarate;
- Microcrystalline Cellulose;
- Lecithin (soy);
- Glucose Polymers;
- d-Calcium Pantothenate;
- Arginine a-Ketoglutarate;
- Silicon Dioxide;
- Stearic Acid;
- Calcium Carbonate;
- Magnesium Stearate.
It is suggested that you use 2 packs in a pre-contest diet or in rigorous and intense training, and 1 pack a day for maintenance during the off-season. Also, it should be taken with plenty of water.
Controlled Labs’ Orange Triad is a premium, daily multivitamin that is supplying a full spectrum of minerals, vitamins, enzymes, and herbs optimized specifically for bodybuilders and athletes. The price of 1 270-tablet bottle (45-day supply) is about $59.99.
Animal Pak is a multivitamin system which is designed for athletes particularly bodybuilders to get the most out of their training. The company behind the multivitamin is called Universal Nutrition. Regarding the price, a 44 pack goes for approximately $27.
References https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3430026/ https://academic.oup.com/aje/article/152/2/149/87699 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4033492/