Hydroxycut vs Zantrex – detailed comparison:
It is a family of dietary supplements which is advertised for weight loss, and it is owned and produced by MuscleTech, one of the most popular brands of sports nutrition supplements and bodybuilding supplements in the world.
These products are well known for their capacity to help burn fat. Furthermore, this supplement can help you in a variety of ways for safe and quick weight loss:
- it enhances norepinephrine (a hormone that works by stimulating receptors called adrenoceptors) production;
- it initiates lipid thermogenesis;
- it boosts the energy levels;
- it increases the metabolism.
Note – it is recommended to take a maximum of 4 capsules of this supplement within a single 24-hour period. Additionally, it is advised to discontinue its use after 8 weeks.
Caffeine anhydrous (dehydrated caffeine with less than 0.5 percent water) is the main ingredient in this product. Caffeine anhydrous is used to provide focus, stimulate energy, and boost athletic performance.
Another main ingredient in this weight loss supplement is oleic acid (better known as omega 9), a type of fatty acid found in olive oil which is purported to help in heart health as well as it is beneficial in controlling type 2 diabetes.
Other ingredients include:
- goji fruit extract;
- acerola fruit concentrate;
- green coffee bean extract – a few studies concluded that it can give effective fat-burning properties because these coffee beans contain a high amount of chlorogenic acid;
- bilberry fruit extract;
- blueberry fruit extract;
- Yohimbe extract (derived from the bark of an evergreen tree called – Pausinystalia johimbe);
- lady’s mantle leaf extract (scientifical name – Alchemilla vulgaris);
- pomegranate fruit and seed extract;
- magnesium stearate, a magnesium salt of stearic acid;
- stearic acid, one of the most common long-chain fatty acids;
- hydroxypropyl cellulose, a derivative of cellulose with both organic solubility and water solubility;
- olive leaf extract (botanical name – Olea europaea);
- mint leaf extract (Mentha longifolia);
- carboxymethylcellulose sodium;
- Komijn extract (Cuminum cyminum);
- tricalcium phosphate, a calcium salt of phosphoric acid;
- dicalcium phosphate;
- microcrystalline cellulose;
- Coleus forskohlii, an herb grown in Nepal that enhances the fat synthesizing enzymes in the body, plus, it helps in blocking the future generation of fat in the human body.
According to the producers, this supplement works better than most other fat burners, with very few side effects. However, possible side effects may include:
- elevated heart rate;
- rhabdomyolysis, a form of muscle damage that can lead to kidney problems;
- cardiovascular disorders;
- gastric upset;
Caffeine overdose is another common side effect since caffeine is found in most Hydroxycut products. For instance, Max Advanced for Women has as much caffeine as 3 cups of coffee, around 400 mg. Symptoms of caffeine overdose include:
- heart palpitations;
- increased heartbeat.
It is a fat burner supplement that can help you get rid of excess fat.
According to the producer, Zoller Laboratories, you shouldn’t take more than 4 capsules a day, plus, it should not be used:
- by anyone under 18-years of age;
- by pregnant or nursing mothers;
- by people who are sensitive to niacin (better known as vitamin B3);
- alongside similar products;
- alongside other caffeine sources.
This supplement contains:
- Kola seed extract;
- Green tea leaf extract;
- Cacao seed extract;
- Asian ginseng root extract – it is one of the most popular herbal medicines in the world that supplies more nutrients and oxygen to the muscles;
- Yerba mate leaf extract;
- Niacin (vitamin B3);
- Tibetan ginseng – it is more potent than normal ginseng and has powerful antioxidant properties;
- Magnesium stearate – a common inactive ingredient in a variety of nutritional supplements;
- Damiana leaf extract;
- Black pepper extract;
- Rhodiola crenulata root extract;
- Black tea leaf extract;
- Schizonepeta flower extract – it is a medicinal herb from Korea and China which has potent anti-inflammatory attributes;
- Maca root extract, a plant that grows in the high plateaus of the Andes Mountains, which boosts the release of dopamine (a chemical released by neurons to send signals to other nerve cells) from the brain;
- Guarana seed extract – this ingredient stimulates the central nervous system and suppresses appetite. It is also known to reduce hunger.
ALSO READ: Pennsaid vs Voltaren
Common side effects may include:
- muscular tremors;
- constant dull headaches;
- pounding heart;
- liver damage;
- loss of appetite.
ALSO READ: Zetia vs Statins
Hydroxycut vs Zantrex – Which Is Better?
Hydroxycut is a potent thermogenic and fat burner supplement manufactured by MuscleTech, one of the most reputable supplement manufacturers worldwide.
Zantrex 3 is a supplement that is specifically intended to assist you in losing unnecessary weight. It works by helping you burn fats without losing a lot of your energy.
In conclusion, both supplements rely on high amounts of caffeine, a stimulant that has plenty of side effects for the human body.
ALSO READ: Thymus vs Thyroid
Natural Supplements And Tips To Help You Lose Weight:
It is a mineral that is required in trace amounts by the human body, and it promotes fat loss, helps increase lean muscle mass, and reduces appetite.
Research findings suggest that it doesn’t seem to pose risks to human health.
#2 Bitter Orange
Bitter orange (scientifical name – Citrus aurantium) is a fruit that is native to Southeast Asia and contains synephrine, a stimulant that is similar to ephedrine (a medicine used for temporary relief of chest tightness, shortness of breath, and wheezing) in properties, however, it is less potent.
#3 White Bean Extract
White kidney bean extract (botanical name – Phaseolus vulgaris) is said to interfere with the absorption and breakdown of carbs.
According to a 2010 study issued in The Journal of Applied Research, using this supplement 15 minutes before each meal leads to a reduction in both waist circumference and weight compared to people taking a placebo.
Resveratrol is a polyphenic bioflavonoid antioxidant and one of the reasons why healthcare professionals recommend a daily glass of red wine.
Because it can activate the SIRT1 gene, this antioxidant may help reduce body weight.
#5 Processed Foods
Avoid processed foods since they are full of food additives and saturated- and trans-fats, plus, they are produced to make you eat as much as possible.
#6 Good Sleeping Habits
Not sleeping enough makes the body lose its ability to use insulin accurately, which, actually, leads to more weight gain.
When you do any type of physical exercise, the body burns extra calories, which is what you really want when you are trying to lose weight.
Images credit – Shutterstock & @Getty
READ THIS NEXT: Tedizolid vs Linezolid
References https://www.hydroxycut.com/products/hydroxycut/ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2773866/