Hyperhidrosis, also referred to as sudorrhea, is a condition which is characterized by excessive sweating. The sweating can occur without any trigger at all or in unusual situations, like in cooler weather.
Hyperhidrosis typically occurs in people aged 25 to 64, but younger people may also be affected. This medical condition can happen in the:
- feet (plantar hyperhidrosis);
- armpits (axillary hyperhidrosis);
- hands (palmar hyperhidrosis).
Symptoms of excessive sweating include:
- excessive sweating which starts when you were younger than 25 years old;
- sweating which interferes with your daily activities;
- incidents of excessive sweating at least once every seven days;
- sweat which occurs on both sides of the body in roughly the same amount;
- excessive sweating which has occurred for at least 180 days without an apparent reason.
Health conditions which may cause excessive sweating include:
- tuberculosis (a highly infectious disease which mainly affects the lungs);
- diabetic hypoglycemia;
- endocarditis (an infection of the inner lining of the heart);
- fever of undetermined cause;
- non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma;
- generalized anxiety disorder;
- heart attack;
- taking antidepressants or beta blockers;
- malaria (mosquito-borne infectious disease);
- hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid);
- heat exhaustion.
Here Is A List Of 9 Celebrities With Hyperhidrosis:
#1 Cameron Diaz
- Annie (2014);
- Sex Tape (2014);
- The Other Woman (2014);
- The Mask (1994);
- The Counselor (2013);
- My Best Friend’s Wedding (1997);
- What to Expect When You’re Expecting (2012);
- There’s Something About Mary (1998);
- Bad Teacher (2011);
- The Green Hornet (2011);
- Knight and Day (2010);
- My Sister’s Keeper (2009);
- What Happens in Vegas (2008);
- The Holiday (2006);
- In Her Shoes (2005);
- The Sweetest Thing (2002);
- Charlie’s Angels (2000);
- Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle (2003).
In addition, she is known for voicing the character of Princess Fiona in the Shrek series (2001–2010).
Cameron Diaz having hyperhidrosis might explain why the actress is often seen with pit stains on the red carpet.
- Undertaking Betty (2002);
- Freeze Frame (2004);
- The History of Mr Polly (2007);
- The Dinner Party (2007);
- Doctor Who (2007).
Evans is also a director of Little Mo Films, that he had co-directed with Addison Cresswell.
In an interview, Lee Evans said that he has to stop wearing a suit after like 3 times because of how quickly he ruins them.
#3 Steve Carell
He is an American actor, producer, comedian, director, and writer who is known for playing many different characters, including Michael Scott in ”The Office” (2005–2013).
His portrayal of John du Pont in ”Foxcatcher” earned him an Academy Award nomination for Best Actor. In addition, Steve provided his voice for Gru in the Despicable Me films.
#4 Robert Pattinson
He is an English model, actor, and musician who is best known for such roles as the Goblet of Fire and Edward Cullen in the Twilight (that consisted of 5 films between 2008 and 2012 which combined grossed over $3.3 billion in worldwide receipts) and Cedric Diggory in 2005’s Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
Robert Pattinson has revealed that he sweats like a ”crazy person,” especially while filming intimate scenes such as in his new movie Maps To The Stars with Julianne Moore.
”That was kind of hilarious – it was the first time I’d met Julianne as well. It was so hot in Toronto and she’s one of these people – she doesn’t sweat at all! But I sweat like a f**king crazy person. I was trying to literally catch drops of sweat to stop them hitting her back.” – he told Heat magazine.
#5 Woody Allen
He is an American writer, actor, director, and comedian who began his career as a comedy writer in the 1950s. He has been nominated 23 times for Academy Awards, winning 4 with “Annie Hall.”
In 2004, Comedy Central ranked Woody Allen 4th on a list of the 100 greatest stand-up comedians. He also starred in 2 of his most famous films – ”Manhattan” and ”Annie Hall.”
#6 Craig Robinson
He is an American comedian, actor, and singer who has appeared in numerous television shows and films, including:
- Sausage Party (2016);
- This Is the End (2013);
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine;
- Hot Tub Time Machine (2010);
- Zack and Miri Make a Porno (2008);
- Pineapple Express (2008).
However, he is best known for his role on The Office (2005–2013).
She is an American actress who won the Academy Award for Best Actress (2002) for her performance in the romantic drama Monster’s Ball. She is the 2nd “Bond girl” to win an Academy Award. Interestingly, even in 2018, Berry is the only black woman to have won the award.
Halle Berry had been photographed in a few occasions in the past with moisture patches under her arms.
#8 Penny Lancaster
She is an English photographer, model, and TV personality who joined the ITV lunchtime show Loose Women in 2014 and is now a regular panelist. She is married to rock singer Rod Stewart.
Penny Lancaster always has sweaty palms. She said in an interview: “I have hyperhidrosis, you can see a little shining hand going on. A lot of the time they are bone dry and fine but it’s something to do with the nervous system – I’m not nervous – but even when I’m excited and looking forward to something.”
#9 David Hasselhoff
He is an American singer, producer, actor, and businessman who set a Guinness World Record as the most watched man on TV.
Hasselhoff starred in:
- The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie;
- Baywatch Hawaii;
- Knight Rider.
David first gained recognition on The Young and The Restless, playing Dr. Snapper Foster. On June 26, 2002, David Hasselhoff checked into the Betty Ford Clinic for alcohol-related problems. He was also seen with excessive sweating.