Because of its richness in fiber, corn regulates intestinal transit.
It is a good diuretic and, consumed regularly, can prevent water retention in the body. Tassel is highly recommended, consumed as tea, as it is very effective during detoxification periods.
Consumption of polenta is useful in the diet of diabetics because it adjusts blood sugar levels. Polenta is an adjuvant in detoxification and cleansing of the bowel.
The detoxifying effects of the substances contained by corn make it easier for the liver to neutralize toxic substances, considerably reducing the risk of liver failure and cirrhosis.
Benefits of corn consumption
- It doesn’t contain gluten, so it can be consumed by those with gluten intolerance or celiac disease and it successfully replaces rice, wheat and other grains with gluten content.
- It helps prevent lung cancer due to its high content of beta-cryptoxanthin.
- It protects the eyesight because it contains zeaxanthin.
- It helps maintain cognitive skills and slows the aging of the brain by up to 10% due to the high content of thiamine.
- It helps strengthen the immune system and prevents colon cancer.
- It fights colds due to its content of vitamin A.
- It can ensure pregnant women the necessary dose of folic acid.
- It generates an overall good state of mind.
Ingredients for Homemade Polenta
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 cups water
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- Boil the water and salt in a pot, preferably an iron pot or one with thick walls. If you don’t have either, use the one ready at hand.
- Gradually whisk in the cornmeal.
- Reduce the heat to a low level and keep stirring, until the mixture thickens.
- Let it boil for about 10-15 minutes, depending on how thick you preffer it. If it seems too soft, let it boil a few more minutes. The longer it boils, the more it thickens.
Enjoy a beautiful and healthy life!